The Friday Find

Rather than choosing something specific for a weekly feature, I went generic. Each Friday I'll post a recipe (either for food or a cleaner), a product, a household tip, etc.

This week's find:

Homemade, germ killing All-Purpose Cleaner.

Start with a clean spray bottle. Fill it 3/4 of the way with HOT water. Then add slowly:

1 teaspoon Borax
1 teaspoon Washing Soda
1 Tablespoon Liquid Castile Soap (I'm using regular liquid soap until I can find castile)
1/2 cup white vinegar

Shake well.

The Washing soda cuts grease and disinfects.
Borax is a good substitute for people who don't like bleach (like me!). It deodorizes and will prevent mold and odors.

The best part?

Its super cheap!!

Comments

  1. Is there a difference between washing soda and regular baking soda?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lori -
    Yes! Washing soda is usually sold near laundry detergents, up on the top shelf. I'm not sure what the difference is but they are two different products. It's sometimes easier to find products like washing soda and fels naptha soap in grocery stores rather than superstores.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Lori & Jackie: this link is really about washing cloth diapers, but it does mention that baking soda is a sodium hydrogen carbonate, whereas washing soda is simply a sodium carbonate. I'm not totally sure how the differences in ingredients play out in cleaning (other than laundry!), but I thought of your comments here when I read it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment