so many gifts

121. Our garden. Many of you have commented on our amazing harvest thus far. Wait until you see all the tomatos!! To be perfectly honest, I don't think we really did much of anything special. We (okay, Josh) rototilled lots of cow manure into the soil before planting. We started with really good plants from Farmer Bill and Annie's. And before the rain began, we would water very regularly. Josh and I both had a real desire to preserve our own food and the Lord rewarded it with an amazing garden.

122. Bags of school supplies. New books. Borrowed books. Mid-August. Yep, I'm ready. Where's my Harvest candle? :-)

123. Learning. The piles of fresh veggies Josh picked (and the flour he ground) turned into 3 pints of pickled jalapenos, 5 pints of dill pickles, 2 loaves of bread and 2 loaves of zucchini bread. Today I will make the salsa with all those shiny red tomatos. Everything I've tried so far is working, which is such a blessing.

Comments

  1. Our garden is looking great on the one hand, but in truth it is still very immature. :( I think we had two problems: we grew our tomato and pepper plants from seeds and I in hindsight think we probably should have purchased stronger, healthier plants instead; and secondly, we planted about 2-3 weeks too late because we were so bogged down with our fence project. Hopefully we'll have an indian summer so that the produce will have a chance to really ripen. I will cry if all our green tomatoes, small summer squash, and teeny bell peppers don't actually get harvested! Fortunately, basil is a cinch so at least we've been enjoying that (the kids love that we're eating things they helped grow from seeds).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack, this day is getting away with me....sorry...is there a time next week that works for you guys where I can plan a little better? =) i'm so sad. sorry =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment