summer

It's late.

For a mom with three kids who rarely sleep through the night or past 6:30am, it's really late.

But it's muggy and still and I don't sleep well in such conditions. Everyone is sleeping. Even the dog. I'm just not tired yet.

Maybe it was finally ordering our curriculum and realizing that since I'd found some math books for a great price here, I had budget room to order this also. A new planner! Only a home school mom could get so excited over such a thing.

Maybe it was realizing that our big trip to Long Island and NYC is less than a week away. If I think about it too long, my mind starts swirling with packing lists and hostess gift ideas.

Maybe it was watching part of a good preseason game. Our team was up by 10 at the half. Peyton scored two great touchdowns. Hopefully that is a sign of things to come.

Maybe it's because I have ideas running through my head for this year's kindergarten class at Friday Program. It's not going to be as easy as I was hoping, but very fun.

Maybe it was realizing that my last 5 gallon batch of laundry soap is still going strong. Or that I'm out of granola for breakfast tomorrow. Or that I haven't baked bread in a really long time - I should probably get on that. Or that the lawn still needs to be mowed. Or that I didn't hear back from the Girl Scout people...

Or that it's humid.
Because it is. Quite. Humid.
Ick.

Comments