The Hard Stuff

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. -- Hebrews 12: 11

I don't think anyone ever fully understands how hard it is to be a parent who must discipline and train their children until they have their own. I know I didn't! Your entire heart and soul is wrapped up is wrapped up in this tiny human that seems to insist on doing the opposite of what you say - and you have to teach them to obey! It's a tough job. And moms, we do the brunt of the work as the adult who is home all day with our little blessings. Tough, tough work. But we can persevere.

I'm not a good disciplinarian or trainer. I'm hotheaded, I get frustrated and impatient and I lose heart. Daily. Sometimes hourly! But God is faithful to forgive me in my sins. My children hear my apologies and learn of God's grace. We move on, we try harder, we inevitably make mistakes and start all over again.

God knows how hard it is to train and discipline. He has to deal with us! And He knows we'll make it. Our children will be a harvest of righteousness. They will be a light to their generation. They will carry the Kingdom of God forward.

Today, parents, do not lose heart. God knows this is hard work and He gives us the grace to complete the task at hand.

Comments

  1. This was really encouraging to me today...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks that was great. sometimes it does get old repeating over and over, 'dont get into that" dont do that" and they do exactly the opposite! It can be hard work! and we need to stay strong for the benefit of the kid!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment