map tablecloth

Reposting a popular homeschool idea...

One issue homeschoolers run into at times is where to keep maps. Many programs really require access to a world and US map. Some homeschoolers are blessed with enough space to have a dedicated homeschool room. For those of us that do school at the dining room table, the living room couch or where ever we land - where do we display a map?


My oldest daughter suggested gluing a map to the underside of a clear tablecloth. Sounded like a good idea to me! Turns out it was the easiest project ever. We now have a sturdy plastic tablecloth to protect the table as well as easy access to a world map as well as a US map.

I purchased a large clear table protector, a World & US wall map set and clear Elmer's glue.


First step, spread the whole plastic cloth out and line up the maps up the way you want them. Our table is large enough that we could have both maps shown at once.






Glue like crazy on the map side, then carefully flip it over so the map side is down. I used my rolling pin to flatten out the map to the plastic.














 Then I left the tablecloth out on the floor to dry for awhile.








And voila!






A tablecloth map. Or map tablecloth? Either way for about $10 I have a super useful and easy to store homeschool tool!

Comments

  1. Awesome idea. I got to do this. Every homeschooler needs one of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Bridget! It's a super easy project and so useful!

      Delete
  2. Love it. Reminds me of Debi Pearl's suggestion, but longer lasting....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment