days

There are days that seem like they just need to end, even though they've just begun. Children cry, siblings fight, the jeans that fit last week are tight again, you forget that you need gas in the truck before you start errands, the dog chews something he isn't supposed to... They are filled with little challenges but a bunch of little challenges add up to a hard day.

There are days that seem hopeless. Big challenges. Custody battles, infertility, financial woes, health concerns, relational difficulties. Just one of these can make for a string of very hard days.

But then there are days when the goodness of God is so real, so present. It seems like you could reach out and touch it. Surrounding you, making everything easier, joyful, calm, good.

It doesn't mean there won't be challenges again. It doesn't mean that there won't be little bumps even while you're living in that tangible goodness.
But to me, it reminds me that God cares more for me than I can ever understand. Not just about my salvation or my work, but about me as a person, His child, His creation. He blesses us, even when we feel like we've failed miserably.

I've been blessed with more than I can comprehend.

My hubby is building me a house, in the most perfect spot tucked back in the woods. For this housewife that loves the way the air smells when you stand surrounded by trees, it doesn't get much better than that.





Comments