Sunday





This photo was taken August 15. It is the first corner of the house that was put up. My camera battery is dead, otherwise I would put a photo of the house now - just a little over two months later. Siding and trim is up on 80% of the house. On the interior, the tubs and showers are in. The Sheetrock is up and being mudded. By the end of this week, we are hoping to be able to put color on the walls.

But I'm discontent.
I have little hope left that we will be in by Thanksgiving.

Isn't my selfishness ridiculous?

I have friends that are struggling through health issues, miscarriages and debilitating depression. Other friends are dealing with unemployment, wayward children and sick parents.

My whining?
My new house isn't being built fast enough. Two months and we are planning the final finishes, but it's not fast enough for me. "When will we finish? Will the subcontractors be done this week? Will my trough sink fit well in the bathroom? When will we move? When, Lord, WHEN??"

Ugh. Will I never learn?

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. (Colossians 3:15-17 NKJV)


Comments