Plans

What are your plans for today?

Mine are the usual, humdrum, nothing big but I wind up exhausted by the end of the day kind of plans. The girls have to complete their school and chores. I have my own cleaning chores to do. Then laundry and thanks to this lovely spring snow storm, probably a bit of shoveling.

But what are God's plans for today?

There are many plans in a man’s heart, Nevertheless the Lord ’s counsel—that will stand. (Proverbs 19:21 NKJV)

(or another translation...)

We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but God 's purpose prevails. (Proverbs 19:21 MSG)

I don't have on my to do list any time to encourage my daughters or to spend extra time praying for my husband, our church leaders, our nation. I don't have a checklist for extra snuggles, reading the same book over and over, playing house with a little momma or throwing snowballs.

Shouldn't those things be higher on my priority list? I think God would want me to prioritize people over projects, every time. So today, during this definitely-not-on-my-list snowy day, I will try to remember and prioritize according to God's heart. Oh, we will still clean and cook because that blesses my hubby. But through the day, I pray that God would give me a heart that hears His priorities. Love, peace, patience, gentleness... Much more important than clean floors.

Comments

  1. Amen! Thank you for encouraging, though you are tired. Praying for boundless energy for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment