Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I haven't done many recipes on here, mainly because I'm not a very good food photographer. I love to cook and bake. Having a child with food allergies has made this a little tricky at times. My mom reminded me of a recipe that she used to make every Thanksgiving - pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Bonus? No dairy or egg. They're totally safe for my Alyssa.


Here's the recipe:

1 cup sugar
1 cup pureed pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 bag of chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Mix the first three ingredients until creamy. Add the rest of the ingredients except chocolate chips and stir well. Then fold in chocolate chips.


Not the most appetizing looking dough but just stay with me here.


Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 8-10 minutes and remove from pan immediately.


Once they are cooled, these cookies stay soft and delicious. This recipe makes about 2 dozen cookies. After tasting them again, I want to add a bit of nutmeg and ginger the next time we make them. But even with just cinnamon, these cookies are so yummy! You might want to double the recipe because these don't last long. ;-)

Comments