Five Things

On my heart: Philippians 2:17 -- Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. -- being poured out as an offering. As a sacrifice. Doesn't sound pleasant, but wasn't Jesus the ultimate sacrifice? Then isn't it something we should be striving for? Homeschooling is a sacrifice. Being a mother means constantly laying down - sacrificing - my wants for the needs of others. I need to pour myself out for the people that God gave me to serve and raise, for our local church and for people around me that need to see Jesus.

On my mind: Are we doing enough spelling? Why didn't I start using Easy Peasy All In One Homeschool sooner?  Are we ready to start raising our own pigs? Will the girls get too attached to them by slaughtering time? Why are we so loud?  Khan Academy, I still love you. I need to write my quarterly reports, like, right now. When will the jam muffins be cooled off? (recipe below!)

On my iPod: I Know That You Are For Me by Kari Jobe,  Wasting All These Tears by Cassadee Pope, We The Redeemed by Hillsongs, All Sons And Daughters and Chris Tomlin

On my DVR: lots of Little Bear and Sofia the First ... a new show that my big girls and I are getting into is When Calls The Heart ... Rodgers' and Hammerstein's Cinderella ... Last Man Standing (Tim Allen cracks me up!) ... lots of sports shows ... reruns of The Cosby Show

On my schedule: making dinner for a friend that just had a sweet baby girl, an extra special review for a great reading product, a dinner date with my hubster thanks to a gift certificate we won at his company party, sending my oldest off to a youth conference at our church, lots of Upward basketball and the Superbowl.

Plus a recipe --

Jam Muffins

2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup oil

Preheat oven to 400* and grease muffin tin.
Mix dry ingredients, then add in wet ingredients.
Stir until dough is smooth.
Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full with batter, then drop about a half teaspoon of your favorite jam on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from muffin tins and cool on rack. These are delicious just as they are but for an extra treat, split a muffin and add a pat of softened butter.
{Beware -- the jam is the equivalent of molten lava until the muffins cool so be careful!}

Comments