Five Things Friday, v.3


On My Heart - Teaching respect. Reminding of the Golden Rule, that was first one of Jesus' rules. 'Do to others, as you would have them do to you.' Luke 6:31 Because once you've felt the sting of being poorly treated, it stays with you. Rather that letting bitterness develop, we are talking about how we treat those around us. How we are making them feel. Because, ultimately, the only thing we can control is our own behavior.

On My Mind - Privacy and government involvement. Does the government have the right to give psychological evaluations to public school children? I understand that there are children with real, hard issues and situations that they deal with every day. But is the government the answer? Should they be stepping in to label these children? How can we, as the church, help families living with situations like this? How should we respond to the NY-A8186 that wants to make those psych evaluations mandatory, even if we homeschool? The Bible tells us to care for the orphans and the widows, right? But what about the public schooled and those with special needs? Who helps to care for them?

On My iPod - Your Great Name by Natalie Grant, Crown Him (Majesty) by Chris Tomlin and Kari Jobe, Healing Is In Your Hands by Christy Nockels {I'm also dying to hear this one live - church special, anyone? - with that nice three part harmony. It's so pretty.}, getting to know Instagram a bit more and enjoying Throwback Thursdays.

On My DVR - As much as watching tv shows about construction gives me some hive-inducing flashbacks, I still love them. Rehab Addict is my current favorite. I love how Nicole works to restore the homes, rather than just quickly flip them. Salvage Dogs is another favorite - I really am a sucker for old homes. How could I have forgotten Pioneer Woman? Then there's some Person Of Interest ... oh and Jane Eyre that's been there for weeks but my girls think the beginning is creepy, so we haven't gotten through the first 15 minutes yet.

On My Schedule - Honestly, people? Not much. Upward basketball. Hearing my biggest girl sing the National Anthem at a few Upward games. Reading through this thoroughly for our upcoming mom's small group meeting. Mostly? Laundry, cleaning, school and feeding the pigs. No, really. We have three pigs now. I wasn't talking about my children. Promise. ;)

Comments