The Best Pizza Crust

There are people in my house that can be a bit picky when it comes to food. So when I found this pizza crust recipe (no idea where I found it now), I tripled it and wrote it in my recipe book. It comes out great every time and the picky person in my house comments every time on how good it is.

The Best Pizza Crust

2 1/4 tablespoons yeast
3 cups warm water
7 1/2 cups flour (I use all-purpose)
3 teaspoons honey
3 teaspoons salt
6 tablespoons oil (I'm sure there is some smarter equivalent for this)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Combine yeast and water, stir well. Add in honey salt and oil, mix. Then add in flour and mix with wooden spoon until it pulls together. Then knead until it's a soft, workable dough. I don't ever knead this for very long, no more than a minute or two. Add flour if needed.

Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Then split into three sections. This makes three large pizzas. Sprinkle pizza pan with cornmeal or cooking spray. Pat dough out to desired thickness. Top as desired and bake for 15-20 minutes.

Our favorite pizzas are currently white garlic sauce with crumbled sausage and broccoli or oil and garlic with crumbled hamburger topped a mix of mozzarella and cheddar. And there is of course meat lover's pizza. There is always meat lover's.

Comments