July 7, 2008

Monday

I feel bogged down with all the little things today. Phone calls and budgets and car repairs. Bread to be baked and a menu to be made. Diapers to be washed and laundry to be put away. Figuring out which issue to work on with each daughter - although with Lauren it's an easy choice. Climbing. Preparing for winter's high heating costs. Dentist appointments and Summer Reading Program schedules.

Ugh.

But I am thankful also. This is my season. And these little girls who occupy my time are mine for just a moment in light of eternity.

101. Every morning, Lauren wakes up around 5:30 and Josh gets her out of her crib. She comes into bed with us and snuggles right up in between us. So most mornings the first thing I see when I open my eyes is Lauren snuggling up to Josh. It doesn't get much better than that!

102. Fresh, hot, strong coffee. Have I said that one before? Probably. But I really am thankful for it every. single. morning.

103. A level back room with new concrete footers and floorboards. Yep, I made Josh work on the house all weekend.

104. A fun Forth of July, complete with a fireworks show that was amazing.

105. Seeing work produce results. We've slowly worked on the yard for 6 years now. This is the first year that I love the way it looks. Its a great reminder that seeds take time to form into beautiful flowers.

(And new photos on my Flickr.)

1 comment:

  1. Great pix, thanks for the update. We worked around the house all weekend, too. Can't believe how big all of the girls are getting, I miss them so much.

    ReplyDelete