odds 'n' ends

* I have some free shipping codes for Lands' End. They are good through November 4. If you want one, email me or leave me a comment with your email in it.

* I've added a new section to my sidebar. In place of the Friday Find is the Resources list. I'll periodically change it to add new recipes, sales, housekeeping ideas, etc. Enjoy!

* A quick blurb about my grain mill --- We received our mill off Freecycle. I posted a want ad for a hand-crank grain mill on a whim and was shocked to get a reply. It is similar to this mill but ours has the grinding stones rather than the burrs. Although most reviews I've read tell me that it isn't supposed to be good for grinding wheat, we've had great success. I usually grind my wheat twice and then soak it in a water/cider vinegar mixture for 12-24 hours. This softens any remaining wheat kernels that weren't ground as well as helping with digestion.

* It's snowing. Just thought I'd let you all know. And yes. I'm listening to Christmas music. :-)

Comments

  1. It snowed all day Sunday here, although the ground was too warm for it to stay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! You just reminded me to check out Land's End. Now, I have a very serious question for you regarding kids' outerwear in Northern NY. Here in VA they only have wimpy jackets in Walmart, for wimpy VA winters. We'll be in big trouble when we go a'visiting at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Where do you recommend I find super-warm jackets for little kids without all the bulk?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Yellow bunnys - I haven't looked around much for coats with no bulk. My girls like their big fluffy coats! But I've heard the Lands' End squall coats are trim and warm. Plus you can re-sell them online or on craigslist and recoup some of your cost.

    Is this Angela?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment