Jackie ... (fb style)

* is still in her church clothes.
- I really like my new green shirt. I'm still looking for a pair of shoes I like though. I guess I'm a little picky.

* has a family that is SO ready for routine.
- I came down with a terrible cold on Christmas Eve. Then the rest of the family got a stomach bug on Jan. 2. It's been a long two weeks! Now that we're all feeling healthy, I'm noticing the effects of a month of celebrating. It's time to get this train back on the tracks. Attitudes, closets and laundry need to get back in line. I started with laundry. :-) It fights back the least!

* is taking her sweet daughter Alyssa for bloodwork tomorrow. Her yearly check-up with the pediatric allergist is February 3. These results will tell us whether or not she's outgrowing her many food allergies. Tears have already been shed by our little blonde girl over the needles and shots that are coming her way. We're hoping on the 3rd that she'll only have to get between 15 and 20 skin prick tests.

* remembers why I like "home made" so much. I made my first batch of laundry soap since late November yesterday. It cost me about $2 for a 5 gallon bucket. Josh was going to bring home tortillas for our taco dinner last week when he got called back to the office. I made my own. I went shopping in my basement for dinner. We enjoy being prepared and stocking up before winter. December was so filled with shopping and quick runs to the grocery store. I'd forgotten the simple joy of providing meals for my family from our pantry.

* realizes that each age and stage of childhood provides unique challenges. Just when I think maybe we've got a handle on things around here, someone starts wiggling under the weight of authority. We struggle for awhile and then I realize it's a new stage of life, a new phase of childhood. New chores, new daily schedules and a reminder of each person's responsibility to serve rather than be served ... things settle down. Why can't I remember that before the struggle?

Comments

  1. Thanks for the update. Always want to know what is going on with you all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment