trust

I'm not perfect.
I wake up in the morning sometimes and want to hide under the covers, rather than get moving and manage my children.
I lose my temper.
I get frustrated.
I thank God every day that He has enough grace for every time I mess up 'cause it's a lot. If He told Peter to forgive his brother seventy-seven times, how much more must God himself for give us?

Two of my daughters walk around singing songs about why it's fun to obey Mommy and Daddy.
One does not. She pushes me to my outermost limits of sanity sometimes. regularly.
I cling to God's promise that with His grace and my feeble attempts, my girls will be amazing servants of God. Even the sanity-pushing one. She's a tough nut to crack and I trust that God has a plan for her (and that toughness!).

I've heard the whispers and seen the looks of disgust when my children didn't behave as all the other children were behaving. Or even worse, if they are disobeying and I don't respond in the perfect, I-love-every-minute-of-this voice. As we've already gone over I mess up a lot.
Some would say it's all in my mind.
I've had invites ignored, greetings unreturned and most painfully seen my children left out.
It hurts.

But I trust that God knows the truth about us.
I'm trying and my daughters are changing and growing closer to Him.
He gave me these children for a reason.
I'm the right mom for them (she says so!)- as hard as that is to believe at times. We will make it. My daughters will learn to follow Him because all this 'obey Mommy' stuff is really just practice for the big time. They have to learn to obey God, not just me.

So today, trust God. We'll make it, moms. Who cares what the perfect mom up the street is doing? You aren't her and she doesn't have to raise your kids. God gave you your kids for a reason. Cling to His promises even when it seems hopeless.

And have your own party when you don't get invited to the perfect mom party. ;-)

Comments

  1. Thanks for this...it really encouraged me today, as I have been having a particularly bad why-did-God-make-me-a-mom and why-can't-I-be-like-the-perfect-mom day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read blogs in a couple of years but came upon yours today and I'm glad I did.

    Thank-you, thank-you for your honesty.

    I've been a mom for 29 years and I'm still walking it out with humility. Less confidence in me and more in Him. That's a good thing, right?

    You know, it's been a rough 2 weeks for me and I have been feeling like tossing the whole book idea(s) out. But after reading your post today, I now am encouraged to keep going.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment