clouds and logs




I went for a walk yesterday morning, even though it was overcast and threatening rain. It was just one of those mornings where I needed peace for just a moment. Trials and a death in the family and bickering children and a new "diet" plan with hubby ..... I really just needed peace.

As I walked home, I looked up and noticed that the clouds were moving quickly over the sun. The homeschool mom in me quickly corrected that thought and remembered that it's actually me that's moving quickly. This earth, this road, this dirt I was standing on is moving so quickly, always. Why do we blame it on the clouds?

Hmmm.
The kids are so cranky, I can't take it.
I'm so busy, time is just flying by.
No one talks to me. I have no friends.
I can't believe she's wearing that.
This house is always a mess.


I'm blaming everyone but me for the struggles in my life. Just like I blame the clouds for moving too quickly over the sun. It's me, it's this earth that is doing the moving.

Am I being kind and gentle with my words?
Am I pausing to enjoy the simple moments?
Am I reaching out to others?
Am I being modest and respectful with my clothing?
Am I serving my family and being a good steward of what I've been given?


"Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Matthew 7:5

Comments