Five Things Friday, v.5

On My Heart: Really, there is probably too much to share. It's been a long week. We've had our share of battles. A highpoint was surprising the girls with a day trip to the Adirondack Museum, where we met up with my mom and nephews. They then followed us home for the night, on the spur of the moment, after the kids all begged for more time together. Having them here and then gone so quickly, not knowing when they'll come back, was hard. Custody and courts and such rule their time and Aunts are not included in such things. Today, I sent Alyssa (my food allergy girl) off with her sisters to the homeschool enrichment program that we all love. It's always a bit challenging, even though she's older. In my heart, I want to believe that everyone is watching out for her and thinking about her safety. Deeper in my cynical heart though, I wonder if anyone is thinking about her or the ingredients in the snack they hand out or hearing the taunting words thrown around in the cafeteria. I know kids will be kids and I know she's my kid, my responsibility. But my cynical heart would also like to think that someone is keeping an extra eye on her.

On My Mind: I'm so thankful that my children asked if we could have Momway for dinner. A few years ago, I was grocery shopping but didn't want to cook that night. For a quick dinner, I brought home various lunch meats, rolls and sandwich toppings. The girls lined up on one side of the counter and walked me through what they wanted on their sandwiches, much like going to Subway. Someone (I think it was Josh) renamed sandwich night Momway and it stuck. We all enjoy it. Little cleanup, no cooking and perfect for a night that Josh is out at a meeting. Happiness all around.

On My iPod: I am currently in a music rut. There is no music being played on my iPod. I'm sick of all of it. Suggestions are welcome. I like to play Monopoly though. And I still don't like Flappy Bird.

On My DVR: This week, it's also on my Redbox... Grace Unplugged is on tap for tonight. My girls love Jamie Grace and she has a supporting role in this film. It received the Plugged In award for best Christian film of the year. I'm looking forward to watching it. I'm two episodes behind on Person Of Interest. And for some reason we DVR Highway To Heaven but no one ever watches it...

On My Schedule: Dinner with new friends, Monday night classes at our church, Upward basketball ... all leading up to a short getaway for our family to the Great Escape Lodge with my parents. To say the girls are excited would be a huge understatement. To say that I'm excited would probably be an understatement as well. We haven't gone away to do something vacation-like in a really long time. A day trip here and there, but nothing like this. I am fighting the urge to start making packing lists until after our pretty busy weekend. Then it's bathing suit fittings, flip flop buying, Puddle Jumper finding, one more Friday School and away we go!

Comments