Five Things Friday. Finally.

I've missed a couple of Fridays lately. Sorry. We've been a bit swamped.

On My Heart: Teaching my daughters to do things well, not to just do things. This is mainly focusing on chores right now but I'm praying that the lessons sink in deep. There is a testimony at work when we do things well, with a good attitude and with joy. It may not seem like it matters to make your bed when no one is coming over and you're just going to get in it again anyway. But it matters.  And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men,  knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. (Col. 3:23-24) Peace is also on my heart. Living at peace.  If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. (Romans 12:18) I don't think this means I have to be best friends with everyone I meet. But I need to have a peaceful relationship. And if that means to keep my heart peaceful, I keep my distance, ... maybe that's okay. I'm still chewing on that one.

On My Mind: I don't even want to say it. Health. Exercise. Ugh. Can anyone else ugh with me? It's hard to be disciplined in what we eat and do. I'm slowly working healthier carbs into our diet. I'm also painfully sore this morning after doing a new workout. We aren't going totally gluten-free for several reasons, but we are working on healthier options. It's hard, people. That's what's on my mind. As I go through my day, it's on my mind. Thinking if I'm making a good choice. How will this choice I'm making impact my calorie totals at the end of the day. It's a lot of thinking and choosing, rather than just grabbing and going. Being intentional about anything takes work, right?

On My iPod: We have an edit here.... drum roll ..... I got an iPhone. Prior to this I was using either an ipod Nano that is seriously older than half my kids or a cracked, barely working iPod touch. I should clean up the Nano and save it because it might be a collector's item in a few years. Due to some new responsibilities I have, it was necessary that I was easy to get ahold of. My little $15 Tracfone was not reliable. So an upgrade was necessary. Right now on my phone, I'm learning how to use Siri, how to talk my texts and playing with different ringtones. But the newest music on my phone is some old music. It's a CD that was given to us when Lael and Alyssa were little called Sing the Word. They listened to it so much, it wore out! So we bought it again for Lauren and Addie. They listen to it when they go to sleep and through the day. Thankfully digital files don't wear out!

On My DVR: Hmm... that's a good question. Let me check, hang on. Okay. Treehouse Masters and Building Wild are two shows that my Hubs got me into. The guys on these shows build the coolest things! We are totally into When Calls The Heart now. Elizabeth and Jack are so cute. If you haven't caught it yet, I would highly recommend it. One thing that isn't yet on my DVR is Dancing With The Stars. I haven't really watched it in the past, but one of my favorite celebrities is going to be on this season. Candace Cameron Bure (DJ from Full House) has become popular again, for writing books and sharing some pretty good thoughts on submission while on national television. She's outspoken about her Christianity and I appreciate that. I'm just not sure how she's going to balance some level of modesty while dancing.

On My Schedule: We have a birthday coming up (Lauren will be 7!!), that's always hard to schedule because trade show season is also starting. My husband is the sales manager for a local HVAC company. So when all those spring home shows start, he works at them. It makes for a busy March and April for us. We have lots we want to do and people we want to have over. But work comes first and that means trade shows.

Comments