what i've been up to ....

~ We had a little mishap with our chicken coop. It didn't seem like a little mishap at the time - I was mildly traumatized - but looking at it now, I know it could have been so much worse.


We had a small fire in our chicken coop. Miraculously, none of our little chicks were hurt when the heat lamp fell down into the small area we had sectioned off for them inside our larger coop. My hubby fixed the floor and we repainted all the wood to seal it while the chickens stayed in the house for a couple of days.

~ We took a field trip. One of our favorite local museums hosted a Homeschool Day. We went with some friends and had an awesome time. The weather was absolutely beautiful. I think after the long winter we had, getting out for a fun day was just what we needed to get us through the last few weeks of school.


~ We finally got Bob the Bear mounted on the wall. I purchased Bob at an auction and we finally found time to get him up in his spot. I think he looks pretty good!


~ We spent a morning in the ER with Lauren. After a weekend of stomach pains, with all it's yucky side effects, no appetite and a fever, I called her doctor on Monday. Once I mentioned the words 'stomach pain,' 'fever' and 'right side' in the same sentence, they told me to take her to the ER to get her appendix checked. In my mind, this meant we would be whisked right in because hello! my baby's appendix could be on the verge of bursting inside her! To the ER staff, we were just another case. To Lauren, this was all much too drawn out and boring for her. I found these pics on my phone afterwards.

             


We were eventually sent home with some anti-nausea meds and strict orders to bring her back if the stomach pains worsened. She's much improved today, so it must have just been a horrible stomach virus.

What have you been up to?

Comments