Five Things Friday, the wednesday edition

What can I say? I'm a little behind when it comes to posting on here.... Let the Wednesday edition begin:

5 things newOn My Heart: Parenting is hard. Homeschooling is hard. Being in a family is hard. I need more grace and patience and understanding every day. I need to be less offended and more loving. I don't know how I'd do anything without Jesus. And I have a couple of longer posts in the cooker about what I do when homeschooling is hard. 'Cause, can I be honest? It's been hard lately. Not our curriculum choices, which I'm 99% happy with, but with attitudes and schedules and eye rolls kinda hard. And I wouldn't change what we do for anything! I am thankful for the opportunity to work through the attitudes and eye rolls (because if not me, then who?) but whew! Am I the only one that's already thinking 'Just a few more weeks and it's Thanksgiving break...'?!

On My Mind: The Internet. I want my daughters to know how to use it as a tool. I want them to be aware of dangers and all the bad things that are out there but I don't want tIMG_1746hem to be afraid of it. Does that make any sense at all? Another thing that's been on my mind - our little hobby farm. I'm already looking forward to getting a garden in next spring. My chickens are producing a nice little pile of eggs each day.We have two freezers full of meat that was raised in our back yard. I love it. More plans are swirling around in my head! Also, this weekend is the beginning of hunting season. My Hubster will be out in a tree stand for the first time. We know there's a chance that he won't get a deer this year but it's been a goal for awhile now to get all this in place. It's exciting to at least get this far!

On My iPhone: My poor, old iPhone. I am very thankful for my 4S. But I foolishly (stubbornly) installed the newest update on my 8gb 4S. It has definitely slowed things down and caused some glitches. Maybe Santa will bring me an iPhone 6 for Christmas. :-p

On My DVR: Two Words - White. Collar. *happiness* Season 6 premieres in two short weeks. The girls and I are catching up on the last bit of Season 5. We are also enjoying the new show Scorpion. Josh likes it too, so after the little girls go to bed we watch it together.

On My List: trying a new chocolate espresso cake recipe, our church's annual member's dinner (date night! woohoo!), a baby shower, writing out our first semester quarterly reports for the school district, thinking over ideas for a December gathering for the moms' small group I organize and surviving pre-algebra. What's on your agenda this week?

Comments