I Surrender.

I recently had a conversation with someone that turned rather negative when I mentioned that I work from home and homeschool my children. And honestly? The first thing I wanted to do was jump online and write a scathing response on this site. But after some time to cool down and some wisdom from my boss, I settled. Then I saw this video.

I surrender.



I will not fight in the Mommy Wars. Because we are all just parents trying to do the best we can - no matter what life choices we've made. So yes, I'm a conservative, Christian, homeschooling, work at home mom. But please God, help me to love all fellow moms from a pure heart. Judging only promotes hate which in turn creates bullies and mean girls. And aren't you sick of bullies and feeling like you're not enough of a mom because you don't _____? I am. Now, don't get me wrong. If you ask me what I think about something, you're probably going to hear my conservative Christian worldview. But I pray it will be from a loving heart. Because nothing in these Bible verses says that I'm to only love Christians.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:30-31

 

Comments