The Reality Of It All

So this little corner of the web has gotten a bit more traffic lately. When the right topic gets shared on the right social media page, things get a little busier. I'm humbled that people would want to read the words that I throw out there. It's bizarre and exhilarating and strange and amazing. But can I confess something to you?

I'm scared. Scared that you're all going to find out that I'm a big fraud.

Just because God has wired me in a way that makes it easy to put words together doesn't make me an expert. And not that I've ever claimed to be one, but I just want to make it abundantly clear to any reader that finds her way over here. I have no idea what I'm doing.

I may write about what strong-willed children need, but I shake my head and wonder what in the world will get through to that child of mine.

I toss out words about words but still lose my temper and spew out the ugly things.

I still grab my phone rather than my Bible, eat the ice cream when I should be trying harder and judge other moms rather than just loving them.

I forget to check the planner or the chore chart. My laundry goes undone for days. The kitchen is piled with dishes.

I have no idea what I'm doing! And, if they were being honest, I think most bloggers would tell you the same thing. Putting the words together is the easy part for us. Living them - so our children grow up knowing that mom lived what she wrote? - that's the hard part.

So if you're new here, I'd love for you to stick around. Drop me a comment or an email. Enter a giveaway. But don't think that I know anything, because really? I don't.

Comments

  1. Well, I think you know a whole lot and I'm so thankful for the encouragement and strength God has shown me through you and your fearfully & wonderfully made family every time our paths were divinely crossed. It's always nice to read/see the reality of the trenches and I think God's perfect timing allows for such just when we need it. Sometimes it's because we've allowed ourselves a dip in the pool of comparison, equating to either a run down feeling or just the opposite of feeling too high and mighty, either way God has His way with us! Keep on and I will try as well! Love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment