Prowling.

There is a lot going on in the United States right now. If you look at the world with a Christian worldview, it's easy to look around and feel defeated. overwhelmed. hopeless. heartbroken.

My pastor is amazingly gifted. He does not ignore current events and will speak on them from the pulpit. I so appreciate that. Recently, he preached a sermon that clearly addressed those current events. The thing that struck me is that our Kingdom - the Kingdom of Heaven - cannot be shaken. Everything else? It was shake and tumble. You'd better know what you're holding on to.

For me, all this has freshly reminded me that there is a real entity out there prowling.

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

It's not a joke. It's not a myth. It's a battle that is happening around us. I'm not trying to be hyper-spiritual or freaky. But seriously, readers?

Pray for your children. Pray for their future.

Pray for your friends and their families.

Pray for your pastors.

Pray for the voice of truth to be present in our society.

Although we know how the book ends, so to speak, we are living in times that are challenging. Our belief system is ridiculed and mocked. It's far from the trials that Jesus' apostles faced - but it is challenging. Don't just pass it off as some issue that doesn't affect you because you don't believe in those things. It affects you. It affects your children and their future.

Mommas. We need to take up a fresh and brave banner of prayer. I will confess that I'm a terrible pray-er. {Is that a word? It is now.} I am great a bullet prayers but the deep, hard, on your face prayer times? I'm awful. God help me.

I need to be praying more for my children and these issues. Can anyone else relate? Are you feeling like you don't pray enough for your children, family and friends? Let's pray for each other, that the burden would be so great we cannot ignore it. Leave me a comment or email me at the address in the side bar. I'd like to pray for you.

Comments