Just an update...

because it's been a long, long time since I've done one!

The girls .... Well, they're tall and beautiful. That hasn't changed. They had a great summer that ended with a two week stint at a lake house with extended family. It was wonderful and we all made great memories. Then we rolled right into school. New books, schedules, grades, and expectations all around. This year the girls are in grades 9, 7, 3, and kindergarten. Mostly. Ha! The beauty of homeschooling, right? It's crazy busy with all four in school. Crazy. My days are crazy. Don't ever ask a homeschool mom what she does all day. She will either burst into tears or launch into a tirade listing all the things she accomplishes each day. Well, at least this homeschool mom might. Each Friday, all four girls attend our homeschool enrichment program. I get a few hours to think I'm going to get a lot accomplished but then end up bored and talking to the dogs after a while.

The house and farm ... Our little hobby farm is doing well. We processed 25 meat chickens earlier this summer. It's very rewarding to fill up the freezer with something that you watched grow. I love it. My garden was an absolute bust this year. Partially because I didn't weed it enough and eventually just gave up, and partially because the deer helped themselves to my tomatoes regularly. We have some different plans for the garden next year that will hopefully solve both problems.  We also have three pigs right now, two for us and one for my brother. They're stinky and cranky and piggish but we love bacon and home grown pork, so we will deal with it. In the house, we finally finished our wood stove installation, complete with a thirteen foot stone wall. It was an intense project that I don't want to repeat ever again, but I love the finished product.  We also started working on a large shed/workshop/man cave. It's a work in progress but Josh and my dad have grand plans that will come together when they both have spare time. Sooo.... within the next year maybe.

Josh ... Is busy. Very, very busy. He works a lot and does a lot with church and that keeps him pretty full.  Now that it's football season, he and his friends at least relax every Sunday while I feed them crazy amounts of food. They like to eat and I like to cook so it works.

me ... Well, I'm pretty busy too. Keeping school and home together is pretty much a full time job on its own. I'm still working for HEDUA part time as well and absolutely loving it.  The team there is amazing and we have such a great time together. At the beginning of the summer, I stepped away from leading our church's small group for moms. We can't remember exactly when I started it, but it's been around 7 years. We felt like it was time. That's a lotta years! It was bittersweet but all good things must come to an end.

So I guess that's it. See, this is why I don't do updates very often. We're boring!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments