Simplicity

One decision has returned me to a simple and slower and for me, challenging life of simplicity. No more deadlines or stresses. Just a simple life of a homeschooling mom of four daughters, with a husband and home to also care for. So what has simplicity looked like?

Simple meals.



Simple dinners.

Simple entertaining. Because what could be less complicated than pizza and football?

Simple breakfasts provided by chickens that have started laying eggs again.



Simple projects. We (my oldest daughter, a wonderful friend, and myself) were quite impressed with ourselves when we were done, but really. These bookshelves could not be more simple but oh so needed. Brackets that were left in my friend's basement from a previous owner, leftover lumber from a project here, logs from our wood pile for bookends.

IMG_1792

Simple decorations for a lovely holiday.

IMG_1810

Simple projects with the happiest of kindergarteners. She is so happy to have her momma available to take walks, to watch videos and read extra books, to do these simple projects.

IMG_1808

It's amazing what a pile of construction paper hearts and some fishing line can do.

IMG_1814

Simple homeschooling full of talk and coloring and reading and word searches.

IMG_1804

Simplicity isn't my normal mode of operation. I like action and doing and going and big and loud. It's been a big of an adjustment around here but these people I'm called to do life with? They love a simple momma and wife.

Comments