Tending Gardens and Changing Seasons

Life is all about seasons, isn't it? From the weather to our aging bodies - we are constantly walking from one season to another. And there is a season that has reached a point of transition for me.



In September of 2014, I launched One Redeemed Mom.

I was hoping to build a place where moms could find encouragement, but where I could also perhaps make a bit of extra income for our family. While I enjoyed reviewing countless books and homeschool materials as a result of having such a site, I could never wrap my mind around all the work that must go into a blog in order to make it profitable. For a time, that was fine. But I've been pondering stewardship recently and my little corner of the world wide web has been greatly on my mind.

Our church has been doing a series on Stewardship. The message that really struck me was when our pastor shared about the different gardens in his life that require tending. He encouraged us to consider how we are stewarding our 'gardens,' our areas of life and ministry where God has placed us. And his message really made me think about my life and where my time is spent.

My relationship with the Lord, my family, my home, my health, and my areas of ministry are the things I need to focus on. I am so thankful that God has given me a clear, direct picture of where my areas of service currently are in the church. It helps me easily make decisions about my time and definitely helps me to feel like my gifts are being used in the areas where I'm needed.

But, One Redeemed Mom wasn't high on the list of where my time needed to be spent. So it was time for it to go. Sometimes you have to thin the seedlings. Maybe you replant one in a new location, hoping for growth. That's what I am feeling led to do. So back to mrsjtc.blogspot.com it is. Funny how things come back around sometimes. In transferring posts back to this site, I've thinned out some things. But most of my relevant posts can still be found here. OneRedeemedMom.com will go off-line on March 12, 2018.

What does this mean for you, the reader? 

Probably not too much. I will only be accepting review opportunities that are perfectly timed and interesting. So that means no more giveaways in the near future. I won't be posting as many things on my Facebook page, but will keep it current so I don't have to fill my personal page with links or articles I find interesting.

Thank you for (hopefully) following me back to this site. It was at this simple site that my blog began and while there's a bit of sadness with closing the book on the business of blogging - I am at peace with continuing to share thoughts, as the Lord leads me.

Comments